Friday, July 16, 2021

Vaazhl | வாழ் - My view ( Not a review)

Movie Name: வாழ் | Vaazh (To Live)

Language: Tamil ( available in Telugu, Malayalam dubbed)

OTT: Sony Liv

My view:

I would make sure to not give any hints on the plot and hence I will not add any spoiler. One thing I could say about this movies is "Unexpected and Unpredictable" and its a journey which they take us through via the lead character. Most of the times you would feel funny and pity at the lead actor, and the scene where the lead character comes to know what is happening with the funny background music, makes us laugh and roll and feel pity at the same time.

Exceptional music and stunning visuals, and may the TN Tourism (also PNG) can get the permission from the producer and do their own editing for tourism promotion. Such is the beautiful screenplay ( thanks to the location and long shot) feathering the screenplay of the movie. So far the above is the observation and my view for the first one hour of the film. ( with 52 minutes to go).



Well, enter the second part of the movie, the movie still stands to this tag line "Unexpected and Unpredictable" . This tag line is justified to the core, with a brilliant non boring screenplay. "Yaatra's" rhymes, Prakash reaction + the music, is just another funny sequence of the movie. Prakash, portrayed by Pradeep Anthony has lived the character be it the expression or curiosity or fear. He is brilliant.

The way the later part of the movie, moves around PNG (again cinematography is brilliant) with another accompany, who helps understand Prakash, the way to live the life, is done well and you could compare that to the extended version of  "Life of Ram" from 96. I personally felt that you may like or not like the movie, but this is a quality content in terms of visuals for sure, which needs to be watched in big screen. Probably I felt the lag in the last 25 minutes, and may be I didn't get the context well and some concerns on the logical aspects, but still the movie ends of well back the square one, with now Prakash found the essence of life, i.e.., TO LIVE.

After watching the movie, I felt like if I need to summarize the movie, I would say it could be liked or not liked (  I am in the former category), but the directors idea and attempt to make a film completely different from the usual screenplay as this is more like travel, twits and turns with the tag line of "Unexpected and Unpredictable" at every scene definitely needs to be applauded. Though the engagement factor is much more in the first half, it doesn't mean the second half of the move is bad at all. It lived to the dream of the directors idea I believe.

I will go with 80/100, and probably one thing is for sure, the locations and cinematography over it is something very new in Indian cinema as I have not seen those locations in the second half in any of the movies I watched as of now.


No comments: